Consultancy visits: (Domestic/Commercial)
If you want a consultant to give his opinion in person, we can arrange for one of our consultants to visit your home/site. The consultation will include us taking a water sample/s and the testing of those samples. You will receive a full report of the consultant’s findings and a certificate of the test results.The alternative is posting us water samples.
Consultants can give opinions on:
- If a power flush is needed or was done correctly
- Is a power flush likely to work?
- Would a power flush cause damage to pipe work or any other part of system.
- Which chemicals to use.
- Why a power flush did not work.
- Which power flushing technique is most likely to work?
- Domestic Hot water: Testing of lime scale build-up. Diagnosing hot water problems and treatments, as well as recommending competent and experienced contractors.
Tests can include:
- Ph levels (acidity/alkalinity)
- Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) count
- Presence / level of Inhibitor
- Thermal imaging pipe surveys
- Ultrasonic pipe thickness testing
Thermal imaging pipe survey
These surveys can detect sludge/scale build-up and blocked pipes without cutting into them. It can also be used to find the reason for a section or sections of pipe/radiators not heating up. We offer a domestic and commercial service.
Ultrasonic pipe testing
We have very accurate ultrasonic thickness testers that can give us a clear picture of how thick the build-up of sludge or lime scale on the inside of a pipe is, without having to cut it open. These non-intrusive tests allow us to accurately find build-ups or blockages on a central heating or hot water system, without guessing. They also give us a picture of how bad the build-up is. We can perform these tests before or after any water treatment/s to confirm that the procedure has been performed correctly or is needed at all.
Prices for consultancy:
1) Phone consultation £45 (domestic only)
Conflicting reports from heating professionals or mysterious problems with seemingly no solution. Often it’s down to experience in the engineer’s limited field of knowledge that cause miss-diagnoses or conflicting reports. A simple phone conversation with and expert, in the right field, can clear things up.
2) Domestic visit £165
Domestic systems where you are not sure if you need a power flush or you have to prove that one was completed correctly. Visit includes testing and certification of water sample.
3) Commercial site visit £345
Commercial systems, where you are not sure if you need a power flush or you have to prove that one was completed correctly. Visit includes testing and certification of water sample and ultrasonic pipe testing in several places.
4) Domestic or commercial, thermal pipe survey and ultrasonic testing. Detect heat loss or pipe blockages. Prices will depend on job specification and size.
You can book by filling in this online form